Finger lickin’ barbequed ribs. I love fall off the bone barbequed ribs and this recipe gives you just that. The pre-boiling of the ribs helps to speed up the process making this an easy win recipe. You can use off-the-shelf ketchup in the sauce, but I prefer to use a home made ketchup recipe by Chef Michael Smith. Ever since I started making this home made ketchup I can’t go back to the off-the-shelf variety, I just can’t.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. celery
- 3/4 c. vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 c. ketchup (home made ketchup recipe)
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Scant tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Boil ribs in water and 3 tablespoons vinegar about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add butter to saucepan and saute onion, celery
- Add minced garlic cloves cooking until fragrant
- Add broth, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper
- Cook until boils. Pour over meat. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.