Yummy meatloaf! To some that may be a misnomer as meatloaf has in the past gotten a bad rap, but this delicious meatloaf stands on high as one of the better meatloaves out there. Try it for yourself and see. Don’t forget to pair it with mashed potatoes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 8 oz. tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Italien seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 350F
- Reserve half the tomato sauce.
- combine the remaining tomato sauce with the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Press into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour until done until the internal temperature reaches 160F.
- At 50 minutes drain the fat and top meatloaf with the reserved tomato sauce
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing