A new take on a traditional cookie. What makes this traditional cookie recipe different is the treatment of the oatmeal. This method gives the cookie a smoother texture. By looking at the cookie you’d never know it contained oatmeal until you taste it.
- 5 cups blended oatmeal
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 24 oz. chocolate chips
- 18 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
- 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
Method: (Recipe may be halved)
- Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar, and nuts.
- Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.