A creamy, crunchy, sweet delight. This canapé was one of a few that I made for my first official catering experience which is a story in itself. Unfortunately this one never made it to the event due to time constraints. I found The idea of this canapé on pinterest, but it needed an enhancement. I found that the creamy cheese was a little overwhelming and the addition of honey in the center made for a nice sweet surprise.
- 4 ounces chèvre
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- liquid honey
- 3 slices baked bacon
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor combine the bacon, pistachios and salt. Pulse to a crumb consistency.
- In a small bowl mix both cheeses together.
- Spoon a tbsp of the cheese and roll into a ball.
- Make a hole in the ball of cheese with the spoon end.
- Drop or squeeze a drop of honey into the hole and close up the ball of cheese.
- Roll into the bacon and pistachio crumb mixture.