Wonderful, savory breakfast treat. They are a fast and easy breakfast solution. Great for making ahead for a breakfast on the go. This was posted as a solution to our crazy, rush mornings, running out of the house, kids in tow, trying to get kids to school and us to the office on time. I don’t recommend microwaving them from frozen as it dries them out and destroys the texture.
- 4 slices, Bacon, thick cut
- 4 Eggs
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Par cook the bacon slices by frying them for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Spray a metal muffin pan with cooking spray. Taking one slice of bacon at a time, wrap the inside of a muffin cup to create a ring. Repeat with the remaining slices of bacon.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl then pour into each bacon lined cup. Sprinkle each egg with thyme leaves, parmesan cheese, kosher salt and pepper. Bake the egg cups for 10-15 minutes until the centers have set. You can adjust the cooking time based on how you prefer the consistency of your egg yolks.
- Carefully remove the bacon egg cups to a plate. Sprinkle the tops with the scallions and serve immediately with your choice of sides such as toast points, crispy potatoes or green salad.
- A little hot sauce on the side is also a great choice.