I love a good salad. You know when you go to a potluck and someone brings this intriguingly amazing looking salad that tastes so good, like nothing you’ve eaten before. That was never me, it was always my sister, but I think I may have found a contender with this one.
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa grains, cooked (use chicken or vegetable stock instead of water to cook)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, cooked (or frozen corn)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup edamame
- 1 hot chile of your choice, if you want to bring the heat.
- 4 ounce queso fresco, cubed (or substitute crumbled feta)
- 3/4 cup kalmata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro & mint combined, chopped
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions, corn, red pepper, edamame and hot chile if using.
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix together well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.